Friday 25 January 2013

New raised bed

Hello everyone....

Its been awhile since my last post. Final exam is approaching, I have been very busy with students.  Therefore very little time is spent for gardening. Usually early in the morning I will water the plants and only later in the evening I will do some  gardening. 

Currently, I am in the midst of preparing additional raised bed for planting flowers and vegetables. After lots of digging done, I gave up. Not on gardening though. Haha. The soils are just so hard. Some parts are very sandy, while some are clay. So there you go, frustration as well as backache. I did some research. Found the no-dig method and decided to give it a try. I started with laying down some cardboards, then the newspapers, then coco peat and thereafter I poured some organic soil. Since I have no compost, I added a little bit of humus fertilizer. I should be putting mulch as the last layer. Will do that when I am back in Melaka. Really not sure whether I'm doing this the right way. So its more like an experiment. Anyone have tried this? Please share me your experience. 


Aidasecretgarden.





No comments:

Post a Comment