Wednesday 2 January 2013

My Vegetables

Happy new year everyone....Hope you had a great celebration!

I have been very busy lately. Today as well, I am busy like a bee. I have class until 7 pm. So no time for gardening :( But managed to take some pictures yesterday :) .

Some of the vegetables are doing well. The cabbages are forming heads. But I am not sure how big they will grow. I anticipate that they will all be small due to the hot weather. But it doesn't matter, I will be thankful even if they grow to a size of a tennis ball. Even, to a size of a golf ball, tak kisah!hehe



The chilli plant also is doing well. Sowed the seeds few months ago. Now it flowered and producing long green chillies. 



My beans however are not doing well. They flowered generously but then most of them dropped. Fortunately  few are forming into beans. But their leaves are turning yellow. I guess its a sign that they are not happy. Anyone can tell why?What are lacking. Is it the sun? The seeds were sowed at the planter box, a bit under the shade as there is a wall beside it. Now that they are growing, I think they get enough sun. But it still looks like they are not healthy as they should be. 

5 comments:

  1. Your plants looks very healthy especially the cabbage. What kind of fertiliser did you use for the bean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organic Diana...warna hitam tu. Do you think that is the problem? d fertilizer? I nak cuba tanam lagi but is still figuring whats wrong with them then can improvise next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...Diana usually tak bagi baja sangat dekat bean as they don't require much nutrient as long as the soil is not infertile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooo so nice cabbage! my cabbage also tiny only. Update us when its ready to harvest :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Shasha! will do, but malu a bit. Surely very tiny harvest ; )

    ReplyDelete