Thursday 3 January 2013

Gerbera Daisies-My first love

If you could fall in love with flowers, then my first love would be the Gerbera Daisies...

Few months ago I saw them at Jaya Jusco, never thought we could grow them here. The flowers were beautiful with variety of colors. I bought two pots. At first I made a mistake by putting them under the hot sun. The leaves and flowers all were wilted. But I managed to saved them. Few days after I decided to transplant them, on the ground, slightly shaded by the wall. Now, they flowered profusely... =)) Of course, as advised by many gardeners, I deadhead the flowers to encourage them to reblooms. Currently, I have five plants all with different colors...






Aidassecretgarden.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely collections. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diana...Diana tau tak this type annuals ke perennials?mcm ada dua views je

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice flowers! but my garden susah wanna tanam flowers for my puppy sure makan habis :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shasha!Must be sedap then the plants.. hehe...why not tanam in container?

    ReplyDelete